If you noticed, it has been peculiarly quiet around here. I haven’t forgotten about you, my loyal reader(s)! Work was unexpectedly hectic and though it was cancelled a dozen times since Christmas because of Weather, that time was used to catch up on Life. It might stay quiet of a while because my MA Comp review may or may not be happening over the next 10 weeks.
But fear not! I have plenty of things I want to write about!!
Monuments Men book review (definitely read it)
Monuments Men movie review (definitely see it. Read the book first if possible.)
I went to Fredericksburg in December!
And then there are links that are relevant to my interests:
New Exhibit on Post WW2 Japanese
The death of Wild Bill Guarnere, who once said I was another fine gal. (He had a HUGE effect on the reenacting community. I knew grown men who cried when they heard he passed.)
How the Government can save money by switching to Garamond from Times New Roman (And typographers are basking in their five minutes of fame.)
Principles of using white space in Graphic Design (good designers treat white space as its own entity)
And because everyone’s been so good at reading, I’ll reward you with some personal information …
1. What time did you get up this morning? alarm went off at 6:30, got out of bed at 7
2. How do you like your steak? dead
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Lego Movie. SPACESHIP!!!!!
4. What is your favorite TV show? I go through phases of watching series at a time. In reverse chronological order: Star Trek (TNG/DS9), Dr. Who, Big Bang Theory, LOST, The West Wing
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? not sure
6. What did you have for breakfast? an egg on toast. I’m so Commonwealth
7. Your favorite cuisine? none…?
8. What foods do you dislike? I have a moral, existential objection to bananas
9. Favorite Place to Eat? a place with food …?
10. Favorite dressing? depends on it’s purpose
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? my little car with TARDIS-like qualities
12. What are your favorite clothes? it used to be jeans and hoodie, but I might be growing up
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Everywhere
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? the cup is twice as big as it needs to be
15. Where would you want to retire? I don’t want to retire. After I become rich and famous, I want to travel the globe with the “Cities of the Underworld” guy
16. Favorite time of day? most productive time of day->evening
17. Where were you born? Planet Earth
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? College football. Usually
22. Bird watcher? No
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? currently I’m trying both at the same time …
24. Do you have any pets? no
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? wait for it … WAIT FOR IT … nope
26. What did you want to be when you were little? President
27. What is your best childhood memory? clearest? getting locked out on the porch in St. Paul because I was misbehaving. Or when I learned what a rabbit was.
29. Are you married? False
30. Always wear your seat belt? As a rule
31. Been in a car accident? no, but I have backed into a tree
32. Any pet peeves? many
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? supreme
34. Favorite Flower? lilacs or lilies of the valley, methinks, but I wouldnt say no to a dozen roses or some well-tended peonies
35. Favorite ice cream? OM NOM NOM ICE CREAM
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? McD’s, for the toys
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? 1. There was a stop sign in the parking lot at the DMV that I blew through before we even hit the road.
38. From whom did you get your last email? dad, or a meet up group
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Barnes ‘n’ Noble or hobby lobby or Levenger
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I started a blog about history … isn’t that spontaneous enough?
41. Like your job? yes
42. Broccoli? OM NOM NOM
43. What was your favorite vacation? 2 weeks to London/Oxford/Edinburgh
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? I’ve had lunch, lunch, drinks, lunch, brunch, and drinks with people, but not dinner.
45. What are you listening to right now? Howard Shore Pandora Station. Currently “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Film Score,” preceded by “Elder Scrolls V: The Skyrim Soundtrack.”
46. What is your favorite color? probably red
47. How many tattoos do you have? None … at the moment
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 10:53 pm
50. Coffee Drinker? yes but decaf
And proof that I’m doing things at school: